Superfood Micro Sunflower
It’s the microgreen & great superfood you may never have heard of – take one bite and you’ll be glad you did. Our Superfood Micro Sunflower microgreens are as unique as they are addictive for their slightly sweet, nutty crunch.
These microgreens are grown using sunflower seeds! In as little as seven days, they are ready for harvest, with their own characteristic tear drop-shaped leaves. At this young stage of growth, they’re dense in nutrition and are best eaten soon after harvest.
Sunflower microgreens are versatile enough to eat every day, in salads, smoothies, wraps and more. We hear some afficionados add them to their peanut butter & jelly, and we’ve even been known to grab a handful for a snack instead of chips. Yes, really!
One cup of sunflower microgreens contains a whopping 20 grams of complete plant protein, with all essential amino acids our body needs but doesn’t actually produce on its own! Studies show they are high in antioxidants. They’re a super source of zinc, known to boost immunity and fight infection. And they contain iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, copper, and phosphorous.
Tasting notes: Nutty, crunchy & slightly sweet
We love them in….
- Super Sun Salad: Top these microgreens with sliced strawberries, slivered almonds & lemony vinaigrette.
- Tropical Sun Smoothie: Blend up pineapple chunks, mint leaves, sunflower greens & your favorite plant-based milk.
- Apple Almond Sandwiches: Layer round apple slices with almond butter & a handful of Superfood Micro Sunflower.
What Makes Superfood Micro Sunflower Green … & Great
- Locally Grown in MA
- Zero Pesticides
- 100% Organic Soil, Seeds & Fertilizer
- Sustainably Farmed in our Indoor Vertical Farm
- Up To 40% More Nutrition Than Full Grown Veggies (per the USDA)
- Harvested At Peak Nutrition, Hours Before Reaching Your Table